Skip to main content

that was then, this is now...



I've known Mori for like.. ever. I can't really remember the year we met, but its been about five years since we've known each other, and she has been a supporter of my photos and work in world, always ready with a kind word, a witty remark, her amazing sense of taste and honesty as well as her sarcasm that makes me laugh so that I almost fall off my chair. This photo was borne of our conversation of "remember when we used to wear...." after a few giggles and some memories, she suggested I do a photo of what we looked like in 2008-2009.

I really liked the idea especially realizing how we thought some of the stuff we wore was pretty amazing *coughs* and I loved the concept of contrasting the past with the present to see how far we, and SL creations, have come. I could have just posted an old photo from that time period, and contrasted with a new one, but I really enjoyed chatting with her and Corrin and trying on old clothes, hairs and skins. Remember when Redgrave skins was all the rage? and when Neko's really were everywhere? Then the elf thing happened, and we all ran out to get elf ears?

Trends change, and we move on in our tastes, but in the end, what endures is our connections and friendships.  Thank you Mori for the inspiration :)  And, thank you Corrin for "hanging around".. literally (that cute little demon beastie is Corrin.. the sweetest man I've had the pleasure of meeting.. but shhh.. don't tell him that :)




Comments

  1. I'm sure everyone is now missing Dolly Rock and Gritty Kitty. Muahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

silent love is calling faith...

          top: i'piteme , Velvet tied wrap tank,  mesh various body fits including fitmesh, Slink Hourglass and Physique,  and Maitreya jeans: i'piteme , RedTag jeans, mesh with fits for Belleza (all three bodies), Slink (both bodies) Maitreya, TMP and standard sizes nail appliers: Dark Passions , Koffin Nails, Marbelized Pastels @ Cosmetic Fair June 15 - 30 necklace: Indulget Temptation, Shania necklace skin: Insol, Sophie in peach tone hair: Truth,  Jayla, Group Gift <3 sandals: Slipper Originals, Holiday Sandals, Maitrey and Slink and TMP fits for Summer Lovin' Hunt June 1st - 30th you can read more about the Summer Lovin' Hunt here hip piercings: KC , CAERA, hip piercings rigged for mesh bodies ( I am wearing my Maitreya body but I've worn these with Slink as well and they fit great!) tattoo: I<3F (hand jewelry no longer available!)

tropical heat...

Here are a few more goodies from the Tropical Summer Event which is still going on.. this cute romper from [SAKIDE], the matching heels, the awesome nailpolishes, jewelry etc.. really a can't miss event for summer ;) I hope you are all safe and happy today, wherever you may be. Happy Shopping ! xoxo Tessy romper: SAKIDE, Hibiscus Tunic, mesh with standard sizes, fitmesh and Slink and Maitreya fits @ Tropical Summer Event heels: SAKIDE, Tropical Wedges, mesh with color/texture change HUD @ Tropical Summer jewelry: [Modern.Couture] Corinne jewelry @ Tropical Summer Sunglasses: [Z O O M] , Sunsoul glasses, mesh with texture change HUD @ Tropical Summer braceletes: Izzie's P ineapple bracelets  @ Tropical Summer 2016 hair: Exxess, Cafe  eyes: IKON , Ardent eyes nail appliers: Dark Passions/Koffin Nails, Tropical Daze with slink and maitreya appliers @ Tropical Summer  skin appliers: League, Luna applier  for Lelutka, pal...

Ghost in the attic

 dress: Nightmare , Rufello dress, mesh including Maitreya fit necklace: Indulge Temptation, Zodiac sign, Taurus  @ Addicted to Black head: Catwa , Candy head eyes: IKON, Deadshine eyes skin appliers: Glam Affair hair: LeLutka, Canto bindi: Clarity Moon , Stolen Sun bindi tattoo: [White Widow]