Sunday, October 5, 2014

that was then, this is now...



I've known Mori for like.. ever. I can't really remember the year we met, but its been about five years since we've known each other, and she has been a supporter of my photos and work in world, always ready with a kind word, a witty remark, her amazing sense of taste and honesty as well as her sarcasm that makes me laugh so that I almost fall off my chair. This photo was borne of our conversation of "remember when we used to wear...." after a few giggles and some memories, she suggested I do a photo of what we looked like in 2008-2009.

I really liked the idea especially realizing how we thought some of the stuff we wore was pretty amazing *coughs* and I loved the concept of contrasting the past with the present to see how far we, and SL creations, have come. I could have just posted an old photo from that time period, and contrasted with a new one, but I really enjoyed chatting with her and Corrin and trying on old clothes, hairs and skins. Remember when Redgrave skins was all the rage? and when Neko's really were everywhere? Then the elf thing happened, and we all ran out to get elf ears?

Trends change, and we move on in our tastes, but in the end, what endures is our connections and friendships.  Thank you Mori for the inspiration :)  And, thank you Corrin for "hanging around".. literally (that cute little demon beastie is Corrin.. the sweetest man I've had the pleasure of meeting.. but shhh.. don't tell him that :)




2 comments:

  1. I'm sure everyone is now missing Dolly Rock and Gritty Kitty. Muahaha!

    ReplyDelete