Saturday, December 23, 2017

if only in my dreams....


Dear Dad, 
It has been a while since I've written, I know.. There are so many things I want to say, but I know you probably already know most of them.  The girls are doing great, growing tall and strong and beautiful. I wish you could have been here with Mom to hold them. They would have loved to have met you.  You'd be proud of them; they are sweet and smart and kind.
Did I tell you we got a new puppy? Her name is Freya, and she's a german shepherd. You may have already seen her, I'm sure you get a chance to peek in once in a while, or so I hope. Anyway, Freya is a handful, but she's a sweetie. You know how I loved Juno when I a little girl... I can't imagine a life without a dog. 
I miss you, Dad. Especially at Christmas. I hope you understand why I don't go to church much these days; but I still love Christmas. I remember when we all used to get together after Christmas morning breakfast and go watch Star Wars. Did you know we have a new one out? We are going to watch it on Tuesday maybe. You would love all the new technology out now! Its amazing what movies look like, and iPhones and tablets.  Star Wars is not like you remember. That's the part I wish you could see.. how much amazing stuff is out there now. You always loved science and I am glad you shared that with me growing up. I still remember the little library that we had in our house. 
I miss that house. I dream about it sometimes, visiting it like I was a ghost, floating from room to room. When you died and we lost it, it was pretty rough. I was angry with you, but I hope you know I am not angry any more.
I wish I could talk to you so you can tell me what Heaven is like. I read a book once about how everyone in Heaven gets an Evensong.. where you can dance to music as the sun sets. I hope you get a chance to dance with Mom.  
Come visit when you can ok? 
Love.. 
me
 
 

 I'll be home for Christmas
You can plan on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents on the tree
Christmas Eve will find me
Where the lovelight gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams
__________  
 
 sweater: Ashmoot, Off The Shoulder sweater, 
fits for Maitreya, Belleza, Slink, Tonic,  and fitmesh
sizes, various colors to choose from.

pose: Lush,  Tendernes, static pose with Husky puppy included

hair: pr!tty Hippie, Windblown,

 dog tags: Mandala



No comments:

Post a Comment