Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fairy's Dream


skin: Lumae, Alaska skin, honey tone @ the Wash's Cart Sale
Lumae, Mainstore (for appliers and such) 
hair: Magika, Dreamy
eyes: IKON
teeth layer: Wow Skins



One of the things I used to get asked a lot by people when I used to do photography for the public was.. "make me look like this.." as they showed me a slick photoshopped image of a very well done avatar. Most of the time, those that asked that were.. uhm..well.. let's just say, not so well done.
Now, I know everyone has their idea of pretty. Everyone has their concept of sexy. And, yes, everyone has their limit as to what they will spend to make their avi look good. And, of course, not to mention, everyone is using different equipment, thus rendering their avatar with perhaps different colors, etc than me.

That being said, you can't make some things pretty that aren't, and I always tried to be as diplomatic as possible, suggesting usually a skin upgrade or a new shape, hair, etc. As I explained to many of my clients, SL photography can have a lot of post processing (cue the light rays, glow, bubbles, highlights, etc) And, in some cases, look completely different than the actual avatar did at the beginning. But, again, I explained,...I can't make something pretty that isn't. Most of my customers took my advice and ended up upgrading their skin/shape/look etc, thus making for a more attractive end product, thus also reducing the amount of actual processing that had to be done.

Which brings me to my point... if you start out with beautiful, you will end up with beautiful. And, that is what Lumae skins do, in my opinion. Again, I know that everyone has their preference for what they want their skins to look like, but I think Lumae pretty much does it all in one lovely bundle. Not only are the body details well done, but the faces are sweet and sexy at the same time.
And, with the creator being generous enough to participate in sale events, hunts, and,  in this case, The Wash's Cart sale, with nothing over 10L, there is really no excuse to not be pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment